Flu Season Ireland 2018 – Are You Prepared?
The Flu Season Ireland 2018 – it’s that time of year again and I am writing this short post because, on a recent live online event here in Ireland, I was surprised to note during discussion how many people were complaining of the flu – a bit early for this I thought so I spent a little while online to learn more.
According to the CDC – Influenza activity often begins to increase in October and November. Most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, and it can last as late as May.
In America, Flu Vaccination prevented between 1.1 million and 5 million cases of the flu per season over a 6-year period from 2005 to 2011, according to new estimates. While the stats are American it’s not unreasonable to presume that vaccinations in Ireland have proved just as important pro rata.
An article I noticed from The Irish Sun is worth reading as Experts are warning that the new strain for 2018 could eclipse the horror 2017 season, which also saw the killer Aussie flu sweep across Ireland, (was what caught my attention).
Flu Season Ireland 2018 -Protect yourself and Your Family or Employees from falling ill
The old saying “prevention is better than cure” has a ring of truth to it. We all know we should get the vaccination, but for many of us, everyday life gets in the way. That’s a mistake?
The best way to protect yourself from falling ill with the flu
- Get the Vaccination
- Regularly wash your hands to kill germs
- and to practice safe hygiene
Be Prepared For The Flu This Autumn and Winter
We Stock several useful products to help in your fight against the flu-all at great prices -with no VAT on online orders
Incentives To Shop Online
- We in Fairfield Nursing Home recommend the services of Ted Kelleher. He has been one of our main suppliers for the last 14 years. He has always provided an efficient reliable service to the nursing Home even in an emergency situation. All his products are of the highest quality and keenly priced.Ann Russell
- Here in Boston Scientific Cork we have been using Ted Kelleher First Aid and Hygiene for more than 10 years as our sole first aid supplier. They have consistently provided a first-class service in maintaining our routine requirements and responding when we have had nonstandard requests.Seamus Gethins
- Ted Kelleher First Aid & Hygiene Supplies have been suppliers of mine for the past 15 years. The quality of their stock is second to none & very competitively priced. Conor in the office, is a pleasure to deal with and will source any supplies required if they don’t stock them.Roy Collins
- I have found Ted and his staff to be extremely diligent, caring and most importantly, trust-worthy, They pride themselves on their organisational abilities and no request is deemed too demanding. Price-wise, Ted’s company is extremely competitive.Seamus O’Connor